Caithness Coffee Company
After selling the Inverness Coffee Roasting Co. in 2016, we moved north to Caithness County (far north-east Scotland) and opened the Caithness Coffee Co. Here, we sell retail to the local residents and visitors as well as commercially to businesses in Wick and Thurso. We are thankful to the local folk for their patronage and those who have spread the word about us.
-coffees are not all the same-
some are mild and subtle
some sweet and fragrant
some aromatic with dark spice
some strong with notes of bakers’ chocolate
Coffee of the Month
Changing every month, something new and exotic, maybe a Cuba, or a volcanic Java, could be a Malawi local co-operative, or even a New Guinea Highlands or a ….
Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/caithness.coffee
Wick Main Shop
Caithness Coffee Company is trading from its primary premises in Wick (Bruce Building, Sinclair Terrace, Wick. KW1 5AB, beside the old library and near the hospital).
- Hot coffee drinks (cappucinos, lattes, americanos, espressos)
- Hot Chocolates
- Sit-in or take away (light baking available)
- a selection of eight coffees vartieties, Edinburgh teahouse teas, coffee accessories (grinders, cafetieres, mocca pots etc).
- Japanese foods including; Sesame salad dressing, Japanesse style curry, Sencha organic green tea bags
Our coffees are available in Thurso at Lucy’s Tailoring (formerly Atlanta Sports Store) at 31 High Street, Thurso, opposite the Nickel & Dime. It is a shop within a shop, selling the coffee beans as at the Wick parent shop (note decaf will not be available unless by arrangement).
We have at least 8 coffees on sale at any one time in the shop, covering all the major coffee growing areas. We always have:
- Our signature House Blend: strong roasts, full bodied
- Our signature Morning Blend: medium roasts, not too strong
- Sumatra Lintong: very strong, heavy bodied, rich, smooth dark roast with notes of dark bakers chocolate
- India Monsoon Malabar: dried slowly in the monsoon winds, a coffee of spice with tones of dark cane sugar
- Mild Brazil: a delicate complex taste of mild fruit, held in a smooth silky texture
- Decaf: non-chemical decaffing method, origin beans are ideally Ethiopian or Sumatran
Coffee Accessories Selection
Here we have items like cafetieres, interesting design teapots with infusers, moka pots etc.
We stock different varieties of teas prepared by our Edinburgh teahouse supplier.
- Peppermint tea
- Russian Caravan
- Traditional English breakfast
Why buy from us?
- We source in very good quality beans
- All beans are freshly roasted on a daily basis.
- We sell to the trade at attractive commercial prices. Click on our Trade Sales page above for more details
- We run a small cafe in the shop
Sourcing Policy: This shop buys raw beans from the direct importers and wherever possible, tries to buy from source growers who respect the rights of their workers and who co-operate with agencies working to preserve the natural environment such as the Rainforest Association.